Younus AlGohar explains what true Sufism is and its role in Islam.
– Before the advent of Imam Mehdi, spirituality was to be found in religion. It started with Adam the Eminent One (Adam Safi Allah), the last Adam. 13 999 Adams comes before Adam the Eminent One, but none of them had spiritual knowledge, therefore their souls were kept dormant and they couldn’t reach any spiritual rank. Adam the Eminent One, whose body was made with the clay of Paradise, was the first to receive spiritual knowledge. He was a Grand Messenger; there were four other Grand Messengers who came after him.
– After Adam the Eminent One came Abraham, Moses, Jesus and then Prophet Mohammad. With Prophet Mohammad, prophethood and messengerhood both ended. Through Adam, the hearts of people were revived and God began to send revelation. With Abraham, knowledge of the soul was given. Moses and saints from his nation were able to speak with God. Prophet Mohammad was able to see God.
– God sent these Messengers in order to cause a spiritual evolution and gradually bring human beings closer to him. However, the evolution didn’t happen. When Adam the Eminent One came, he gave people knowledge of the heart. However, by the time Abraham cam, people had forgotten the knowledge Adam introduced to them. Furthermore, the Grand Messengers didn’t emphasise on spiritual knowledge for one reason or another.
– His Divine Eminence Gohar Shahi explained that if you want to test your fate, then you should try to obtain Dhikr-e-Qalb (Opening of the Spiritual Heart). With the method given by His Divine Eminence, you find out who you are within seven days. If God allows his name to enter your heart, it means he is merciful upon you.
– A majority of people think Sufism is separate from Islam. However, Sufism is the core of the religion. A true Sufi focuses on God’s name entering the souls, and reviving the souls with Noor (divine energy). There are two ranks in the Stage of Ehsan. People at this stage are those who see God while worshipping. To see God, you need to see him with the ethereal soul in your head, the Ana
– If one is unable to see God, then it is decreed that for them to be at the Stage of Ehsan, they have to make themselves worthy of being seen by God during their worship. God does not look at the bodies or deeds, but at the hearts and the intentions therein. It is false to say that God is watching everyone. If he was, then people wouldn’t engage in bloodshed and mischief.
Watch the live recordings of these lectures every day at 22:00 GMT at http://www.younusalgohar.com
Can’t access this video? Watch it on Daily Motion: http://www.dailymotion.com/mehdifoundation
Listen to this speech on the go with SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/younusalgohar/